Senior IT Technician, £27,000 – £29,000pa, Reading
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Senior IT Technician to join a well-respected school in Reading providing 1st-3rd line support. Due to the general business of the school, they are looking to add to their IT team. You will be supporting up to 750 pupils and staff face to face, over the phone and via email. You will need to be able to provide support for a mixture of Windows desktops, Google Chromebooks, IT networks, Firewalls and Servers and the School’s MIS system. You will work closely with the Deputy IT Manager to maintain the IT infrastructure and support staff and students
This is an exciting time to join the school as they look to develop their IT Systems. You will be able to gain exposure to new technologies and gain experience working in a role that is both demanding and flexible.
Having 2nd Line IT Support experience is essential for this role. If you have previous experience of working in an educational environment would be a plus.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Using the IT helpdesk, oversee support to all users resolving issues quickly and efficiently and ensuring that tickets are completed, well communicated, within a timely manner.
- To provide documentation for key responsibilities to enable other members of the department to carry out tasks.
- To prioritise responses and resolutions within the service level agreement.
- To provide support, advice and resolutions to first line technicians.
- To develop and deliver training to first line technicians.
- To be polite, friendly and helpful with all stakeholders.
- To be a confident communicator and member of the team.
- Liaise with external agencies such as broadband, telephony, print and support services where appropriate and monitor usage of remote desktop software.
- Maintain IT systems and servers apply feature updates and upgrades as necessary.
- Apply security updates as soon as is practicable after release.
- Maintain classroom technology and ensure there are adequate consumables in stock.
- Raise fault tickets with the print management company and escort attending engineers as required
- To provide a second line support knowledge, to resolve more complex and larger impact issues.
- Support students with their devices ensuring they are ready for lessons minimising the effect on learning as a priority.
- 2 + Years of Experience of 2nd line support
- Windows Desktop OS 7 and 10
- Windows Server OS 2016
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory, Group Policy management.
- Maintain hardware and IT peripherals e.g. Printers, scanners
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).