Production Technician, Oxford, £24,000pa – £30,000pa plus benefits:
MARS Recruitment is exclusively recruiting a mechanical biased Production Technician on behalf of a leading specialist manufacturer of high technology instrumentation. This organisation was originally a University spinout and has gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years, growing year on year The successful Production Technicianwill be joining a relaxed and supportive environment, where you can pick and choose your start and finish times. Our client is looking for someone who is passionate about high tech and complex assembly work.
The successful Production Technician will need to be an enthusiastic and self-motivated technician with excellent analytical and technical skills. You will also have a combination of key responsibilities:
- Assemble products, jigs, fixtures and test equipment in accordance with the Quality Manual, technical specifications, drawings and work instructions
- Manufacture or modify, as required, components, jigs, fixtures and test equipment in accordance with drawings and instruction
- Undertake pre-packing, and preparation of documents for the shipment of products, including liaison with packers/shippers
- Participate in design and post-project reviews
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and tidily and in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, including local risk assessments
- Check own work and report any quality issues
- Communicate professionally with customers (internal and external) and vendors
- Participate in improvement projects, cost improvements and problem solving activities as required from time to time
- Maintain plant, test equipment and tools in a good working condition.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 discipline.
Essential Production Technician Experience & Skills:
- Experience in the manufacture, test and installation of scientific instrumentation, assemblies or similar
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, functional specifications, work instructions, etc.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 discipline
- Familiarity with precision mechanisms and/or ultra high vacuum technology
- Experience in the safe operation of milling, turning, grinding equipment and cranes
Our client is offering an excellent salary of up to £30,000pa, an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory pension, life insurance, relaxed and flexible working environment.
If this Production Technician role sounds of interest, please send in an application to Lee at MARS recruitment.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.