Manufacturing Team Leader, Abingdon, £40,000p £45,000pa plus benefits:
Our client is at the forefront of designing scientific instrumentation and research tools for the worldwide scientific community. The last few have seen exponential growth, with plans to grow further by increasing revenue through a large programme of improvements. To aid this exciting period they are making key hires across their business. One area of growth is manufacturing and they are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Team Leader.
This Manufacturing Team Leader role will lead a small team of skilled technicians (mainly mechanical), driving continuous change and improvement manufacturing environment, ensuring that your team and product meet output and quality targets set out by the Senior Management team. Your role will cover resource management, day to day team leading & coaching, materials & supply issues, quality issues and standards, health & safety and performance management. So, you’ll have a MASSIVE impact on the team, product and business.
The Manufacturing Team Leader will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- A technical qualification, BTEC, HNC, HND in Engineering
- Ideally you have worked in a high manufacturing environment
- You’ll have Resource Planning experience
- Evidence of successfully managing a manufacturing team
- Evidence of implementing best practice manufacturing techniques
- H&S knowledge and understanding with ability to lead compliance
- Ability to drive a quality culture
- Knowledge of and ability to promote 5s discipline
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to make decisions and communicate to teams and stakeholders
- Ability to identify skill gaps and lead development
This company offers amazing benefits, a competitive starting salary, structured career development opportunities, and a good work-life balance, our client offers 25 days annual leave, half-days on Fridays, private healthcare, a share incentive plan, a defined contribution Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
If you’re a Manufacturing Team Leader who is passionate about leading and improving a manufacturing team, then please send MARS Recruitment a copy of your CV.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).