Manufacturing Engineer, Abingdon, £25 – £30 per hour, 6–12-month contract:
A leading manufacturer based in the Abingdon area of Oxfordshire is urgently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer on a 6 – 12 month contract. Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who is passionate about Lean Six Sigma and can identify where lean can be implemented to improve their manufacturing processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer will own, review and continuously improve processes within the production facility in order to support world class manufacturing practices. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will promote change, lead small teams and implement modern techniques in order to support manufacturing targets around pass rates, on time delivery and efficiency. Work with the technical engineering and design teams to ensure that the manufactured product fulfils all design for manufacture requirements.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will have worked in a specialist manufacturing business. Backgrounds in Aerospace, Automotive, Medical Devices or Scientific Instrumentation considered. The following experience and skills are highly desirable:
- HNC / Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline with at least 2-4 years relevant engineering experience
- Familiar with the use of PFMEA, DFMEA, Risk (hazard) analysis
- Familiar with using design for manufacture techniques
- Familiar with Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Able to develop, document and control detailed processes and guide technicians through build and test operations identifying CTQ/CTS
- Familiar with project management techniques and practice
- Understanding of mechanical design principles to ensure product success
- Familiar with CAD and able to review design drawings
- Familiar with MRP/ERP Systems
The Manufacturing Engineer role can be commuted to from Oxford, Bicester, Witney, Abingdon, Didcot, Newbury, Hungerford, Swindon and Wantage.
If you’re a Manufacturing Engineer looking for a local temporary role then please send us a copy of your CV for immediate review.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).