Junior Buyer, Oxford, £25,000 – £27,000pa plus benefits:
MARS Recruitment is exclusively recruiting a Junior Buyer to join a world leader in the design and manufacture of scientific instrumentation. This specialist business has been building high value products fundamental to the scientific community for the last 20 years. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for an ambitious buyer to join their small but talented team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Junior Buyer will be responsible for the purchase and expediting of direct and indirect materials and consumables, as defined by MRP and purchase requisitions documents and customs invoices.
Other duties will include:
- Update part details with min/max stock levels, quoted costs and supplier part numbers.
- Negotiation of prices with suppliers (catalogue items only).
- Interrogate ERP system to check future requirements for catalogue items and consolidate orders to meet business needs and minimise costs.
- Add, amend and issue purchase orders on the ERP system.
- Send purchase orders to suppliers, together with all required auxiliary documentation (e.g., drawings, material specifications, etc), ensuring documents are to the latest revision.
- Check order confirmations against requirements.
- Expedite orders to ensure timely deliveries.
- Liaise with relevant internal parties regarding order schedules and/or delays as well as technical queries.
- Completion of route cards, checking all parts are issued and issuing to stock/next level.
- Arranging courier shipments both UK and overseas
- Processing of ECNs in conjunction with the ECN Co-ordinator
- Clear communication both internally and externally.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement change.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the business.
- Maintain a flexible attitude and approach to changing priorities and requirements.
- Ability to use ERP system.
- Competence with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Procurement in an engineering environment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety manual and ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
Our client is offering an excellent salary of £25,000-£27,000pa depending on experience and benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory pension, life insurance, relaxed and flexible working environment.
If this Junior Buyer role sounds of interest, please send in an application to Jodie at MARS recruitment.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).