IT Support Engineer (2nd Line), Oxford, £25,000 – £30,000 p/a
My client is an Oxford-based MSP who are looking to expand their technical team and are recruiting for an IT Support Engineer, operating out of their Oxford based offices. The successful applicant’s primary responsibility will be the day-to-day upkeep of their client’s workstations, servers, and cloud platforms, both remotely and on-site. As a core member of a growing team, you will also work closely alongside their leadership team to help maintain and improve their services.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a strong technical ability and a willingness to learn. Ideally you will have a good amount of 1st/2nd Line Support experience and have had exposure to 2nd Line Support.
This opportunity will also give you a nice range of project work which will give you exposure to new technologies.
- 2nd Line service desk response
- Support Project Team with large projects (server installs, office moves etc)
- Provide on-site installation and configuration of hardware and software solutions
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues remotely and on-site.
- Communicate with our clients verbally and in writing (via emails/tickets).
- Maintain client expectations: provide regular updates on ticket statuses and outline expected response times.
- Create and update internal and client-facing documentation.
- Use of your own car
- 2 or more years of experience on current Windows operating systems (Windows 10 and above, Server 2016 and above).
- Office 365, Azure
- Experience with support of mobile devices (Apple/Android)
- Experience with PowerShell (desirable)
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure
- Excellent time keeping and attention to detail
- Eagerness to build on existing infrastructure – if improvements can be made and are justified, discuss them
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
A clear progression path and continuous training is offered in this position.
If you are a 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer who is looking for a step up or a new challenge, then please apply for this vacancy ASAP. My client will interview immediately.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).