Engineering Manager, Didcot, £70,000 – £75,000pa plus benefits:
An industry leader within the field of scientific instrumentation and laser technology is recruiting an Engineering Manager to lead, manage and develop a growing team of specialist engineers. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity as although you will be joining an organisation with over 40 years of experience and a big name in their industry, they still have a fresh technical start up feel with lots of projects and improvements to look at.
Your role will combine engineering leadership, management and project management, driving forward a multitude of complex projects for customers in a range of different industries. Your team will combine Mechanical, Electronic and Electrical Engineers who design and engineer these highly complex systems, as well as having some skilled technicians who build and test the products. You will need to identify areas of improvement, how to embed better design and manufacturing processes,
The successful Engineering Manager will need the following experience and skills:
- A degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline
- Proven project leader for high technology projects. Working knowledge of Project Management techniques
- Naturally self-starting with a track record of delivered projects
- Experience of supervising multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Experience of taking products from concept phase through to the successful launch of a complex low volume product
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques would be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with product conformity to global regulations either directly or through the use of appropriate 3rd Party Assessors
Our client is offering exceptional working environment with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 25 days holiday
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Scheme
- Permanent health insurance and death-in-service benefit.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
If you’re in Engineering Management within a high-tech manufacturer, please send me a copy of your CV or drop me an InMail to discuss further.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).