Cloud Project Engineer, Witney, Oxfordshire, £35,000 – £40,000p/a
Our client is an innovative digital and cloud transformation consultancy. As a boutique start-up, they are already trusted to deliver significant technology transformation programmes within the UK Government and Higher Education organisations. They help these enterprise organisations navigate and accelerate complex transformation programmes using a combination of consultancy and best in class tools. Due to winning some major new accounts, they now look to recruit a Cloud Project Engineer to work on a range of technical cloud and infrastructure implementations.
Our client are looking for an ambitious and capable individual, with the ability to quickly learn new skills and deliver high quality solutions for their customers.
The ideal candidate will currently be working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support capacity and ideally have some experience of working in a managed service environment. This is a very rare opportunity to move straight into the cloud technology arena and focus your time working on exciting projects.
The ideal Cloud Project Engineer will benefit from experience of some of the following:
- Network and Server infrastructure (physical and virtual)
- Hands-on experience of Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Experience of carrying out a technical implementation/migration
- Experience of server administration and experience of defining ports, protocols, flows etc…
- Experience of infrastructure discovery tools
- Knowledge of IT systems and design concepts (Flow diagrams, network diagrams)
- Experience with modern API’s
- Experience of one or more integration technologies
- Experience of migration technologies such as Azure Migrate, Cloudendure (AWS Migration), Rivermeadow, Velostrata, Carbonite etc…)
- Willing to certify in line with the company’s technology direction
What my client can offer:
- Flexible & remote working
- Training & Certifications
- An enviable client base
- Regular events & meetups
- Regular pay reviews
- Annual Leave 25 days per annum (+Bank Holidays)
- Company bonus scheme
If you’re a 2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer who is looking to gain experience within Cloud and Project Engineering, then please send Simon Hill a copy your CV.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).