3rd Line IT Support Engineer, Oxford, £34,000 – £40,000 p/a
Are you looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer role which is diverse, supporting a range of customers, managing their infrastructure delivering improvements and upgrades?
Our client is a leading IT support solutions provider based in Oxford. After several years of natural growth, they are now looking to recruit a 3rd Line Support Engineer to deliver on site technical consultancy, project delivery and remote 3rd line IT support to their increasing client base. You will visit client sites and implement technical solutions consisting of the Microsoft products, troubleshoot network and connectivity issues and make recommendations to clients on how to implement an IT infrastructure that will ensure their businesses gain the maximum benefit from their investment in IT.
Work is varied as they support a wide range of technical systems. From Microsoft and Linux through to VMware, Azure and AWS, there is plenty of opportunities to develop a broad skill set and focus on new and interesting technologies.
This exciting 3rd Line Support Engineer opportunity offers you the chance to develop and increase not only your IT skills but your consultancy and project management skills with an exciting, expanding and rewarding company.
It is essential that you have solid 2nd/3rdnd line experience. You will have the ability to understand business IT needs and give advice and guidance on implementing IT infrastructures to assist our clients to gain the maximum business benefit from their investment in IT. Ideally you will have achieved up to date Microsoft server technology qualifications but most importantly, you will have experience of implementing and configuring Microsoft server products (Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, Exchange Server On-Premise/ Cloud Office 365 and Remote Desktop Sever).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide technical support for client and server devices remotely and onsite.
• Onsite visits to local clients to install and configure new infrastructure, as well as suffering outages, will be required.
• Critically evaluating our client’s systems to ensure that the latest security and best practices are maintained is critical.
• To provide help and guidance to your colleagues. We all work closely to share information and support each other in our endeavours.
Desirable selection criteria
• Intune and Azure proficiency is a must.
• Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems (2003/2008/2008R2/SBS/2012 Server/XP/Vista/7/8)
• Core Microsoft Infrastructure technologies and solutions (Exchange, IIS, AD, RDS)
• Possesses excellent communication skills.
• Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard.
• Have been exposed to Autopilot builds using Microsoft Endpoint manager.
• Have experience working with Virtual desktop technologies (Azure WVD).
• Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
• Hyper-V, VMWare, Backup technologies and Server hardware maintenance.
• Working knowledge across a variety of technologies such as Microsoft Intune, SCCM, Office 365,Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments and Microsoft Stack Technologies
• A Microsoft qualified and certification such as SCCM/MCP/MCTS/MCSA/MCSE/MCITP is desirable but not essential;
It is essential you have a clean driving licence and vehicle for this position.
If you’re a 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer who is looking for a new role and you meet the above technical skills, please get in touch ASAP, our client is looking to recruit quickly, and we have interview dates available over the coming week/s.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).